Cassie, Gidget and Mazy
Cocker Spaniel mix, German Shorthair mix, and Boxer – 8y, 8y, and 7y
These girls are all rescue dogs from their owner’s sister’s no kill pet rescue in Beaumont, Texas: PAWS Pineywoods Animal Welfare Society. The Boxer, Mazy came to them from a puppy mill in Vidor, Texas. The girls are eight years old this year and are very good girls. They play well with other dogs and put up with four cats that their owner;s sister also let her rescue.
They really like to take walks in the neighborhood and park, however, they are all waiting for cooler days for those. Cassie also enjoys a dip in the pool. And there’s nothing better than trips in the RV and rides in the car. Cassie and Mazy have gotten a lot of those car rides this year to the Emergency Clinic and weekly visits to see Doctor Bogue. Cassie also has a special day every six weeks to see Jeannine for grooming that makes for a much happier dog in this weather. Not to leave Gidget out she comes in the clinic for much needed nail trimming.
The girls enjoy putting on their party hats and watching their e-cards from the clinic on their birthdays.
- Early detection of developing conditions.
- Preventive maintenance to decrease chances of problems developing.
- Diet and exercise management recommendations.
- Problem management of existing conditions.
- Comprehensive medical history on an annual basis
- Complete physical and dental examinations on a 6 month basis
- Internal parasite testing annually
- Heartworm and/or Leukemia/AIDS testing on a bi-annual basis
- Urinalysis (routinely) on an annual basis
- Blood counts and appropriate blood chemistry testing (routinely) on an annual basis
- Blood Pressure check on an annual basis
- Glaucoma screening on an annual basis
- Radiographs/Osteoarthritis (OA) screen once, then periodic check-ups based on pet’s need if problems are seen
- Electrocardiogram if problems are detected on physical examination